Want a major role in a growing startup dedicated to helping schools provide a quality education? We are actively hiring for the following positions:
Do-It-All Software Engineer
Love building products that users adore? Enjoy working across the entire engineering stack?
BoostMySchool is a B2B SaaS company changing how K-12 public and private schools receive donations. Our business is at a unique intersection of billion-dollar market and the ability to make an important impact on the education space.
Our revenue has more than tripled over the past school year, and we are looking for a Software Engineer to take over the responsibilities of being the tech lead from our Founder, who has coded the entire product from scratch.
- Entrepreneurial: you love startups and have started or want to start a company or non-profit in the future
- Customer-first mentality: while you’re a stickler for engineering best practices, you know that the most important goal is to deliver an amazing product to the customer
- Generalist: you deliver excellent work with any language, across the entire stack
- Do-it-all: you get things done while thinking long-term
- Strongly believe in our core values
- Have at least 2 years of software engineering experience (ideally at a startup)
- Join an agile team - you’ll deploy code to production on your first day
- Make major contributions across the entire stack: infrastructure, frontend, backend, analytics, internal tools
- Decide on future technologies to use - our stack is an isomorphic React/Relay web app that talks to a Rails GraphQL API
- Decide on engineering best practices - we practice continuous deployment with CircleCI, strict linting, type checking, and strong test coverage
- Opportunity to hire and lead the engineering team as the company grows
What it’s like to work at BoostMySchool
- Join a team of entrepreneurs – we thrive on a culture of trust and responsibility/ownership
- Control your work schedule outside of meetings – take a nap or pick up your kids if it helps you be more productive
- Feel empowered to try new things – whether its something you learned from another company or during our quarterly hackathons
- We will invest in your growth – BoostMySchool only succeeds when you do
The compensation for this position will be a competitive combination of salary and equity.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email [email protected] with:
- your portfolio or resume
- short explanation of code that you’re proud of
- why you would excel in this role