Class of 2016 Fund
Update #3 - 2 years ago
Hope your summer is going well! We wanted to conclude our successful fundraiser for the Magnet Program from the Class of 2016. We received over $1,000 in total! The Magnet is very appreciative of all of the donations and is excited to use that money to support all of its wonderful opportunities.
Thank you so much for a successful campaign and we hope that the Class of 2016 continues to support to the Magnet in the future!
Congratulations Class of 2016!
You made it through four years of the Magnet. Please show your support with a donation to help future classes enjoy the same experiences that you had. With recent cuts to MCPS, private donations pay for much of the lab equipment, software, and extracurricular activities that make the Magnet Program an extraordinary education experience.
Over the past eight years, parents, alumni, and others have contributed over $100,000 to the Magnet Foundation. See a list of grants funded from these donations.
Your support will ensure that entering students and their teachers will always have access to the resources make the Magnet a special program!
Suggested giving amounts, with examples of how your gift will support the Magnet:
- $2,000 - Register 5 teams (75 students total) for ARML, the nation’s premier high school mathematics team competition
- $800 - Keep lab equipment up to date (e.g. upgrade the 3-D printer or purchase a new band saw for the R&E lab)
- $250 - 1/100 of the $25,000 annual Foundation budget. If everyone in a class gave $250, we would reach the annual goal!
- $50 - Register 1 team (5 students) for Envirothon, an annual environmental science competition
- $20.16 - Show your class pride with a gift today. Every gift makes an impact!
Go class of 2016! Best of luck in college and I hope to see everyone!